Friday, January 13, 2023

Why I have started serving my family using the fine china

 

Many homes growing up had a cabinet full of dishes, utensils and all paraphernalia of "fine china." In our home we called it the "wall unit." Most of the items in the wall unit were reserved for when guests were coming etc - basically a big deal type of meal. I have however over the past couple of weeks decided I will not wait. I will not wait for "the guests" to show up. I will not wait for the special holiday to whip out the fine china. I will not wait for the china to gather dust in the cabinet and the glasses to sit pretty in the shelf. I will not wait to enjoy filling up the glass pitcher with ice cold water. I will not wait another day to enjoy the fine china. No I will not wait. Are the precious souls in front of us not more worthy than the visitors we are expecting? Time is fleeting, life is too short to wait for Thanksgiving to use the plates. Often times we wait for permission to live our lives out loud. To love our people hard. To go deep to try new things. So accept this as your permission slip to not wait any longer. Life is for the living. 

 

No comments: