Wednesday, January 25, 2023

When God waves

 


Last week I went for my 20 week ultrasound. I call it, "The big ultrasound." Days and weeks leading up to this appointment I was a wreck. A wreck because you see just two years ago - this was the ultrasound that revealed to my husband and I that our little girl would not make it to term. She made it to 24 weeks and rested in the arms of Jesus. You see our precious one developed a rare genetic abnormality right in the midst of the pandemic. I wrote about our journey here

I walked into the appointment and was so glad to be met by a friendly ultrasound tech. She could immediately see the fear in my eyes and asked, "Everything okay?" I muttered under my breath, "Sure, all is well." We spoke about a wide range of things - from her children to me changing my major in college 4 times to food in Kenya. All the while I kept glancing at the screen but not wanting to ask too much. Under batted breath I gently asked, "Am I able to hear the heartbeat?" She immediately turned the volume on and there it was - the glorious sounds of a beating heart in-utero. She then went on to show me the legs, the lungs and then right at that moment the baby moved their arm right to their mouth and then back again which I am sure was a mini wave. I smiled. I knew this was God's way of reminding me that He is a restorer. He had breathed life into my lungs again even after experiencing pregnancy loss.

Rest in His promises for your life that are Yes and amen. He does not sleep nor slumber on those He loves. He will restore what the enemy has taken. 


xoxox 


Penny 


No comments: