Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Reason For the Season

Today I start off on a low note....I was reading the Nation on the web and came across the saddest piece of information..Human Rights Activist ,Director, ABANTU for development Wanjiru Kihoro's time on earth had sadly come to an end.For all who dint get to share in this womans story she was involved in a plane crash about 3 years ago where two Mps passed away she has been in a coma all this time..You can read the story by clicking http://www.iasa-intl.com/folders/belfast/Busla.html....can you imagine hence my title The Reason coz I believe everything happens for a reason and for a season...as it is written "...He sets a time to sow and a time to reap...a time to mourn and a time to rejoice..."So I guess Wanjirus time here was up...I applaud her husband Mr.Kihoro...to find such a man is truly a blessing...staying by her bedside each and every day hoping that she would spring back to life until God finally called her to rest but I guess thats what faith is all about believing in things we cannot see..He even dedicated his Jurist of the Year award to her in 2004...God should send more men like you down here!!!!
Wanjirus story is also dear to me as well coz someone very special to me-my sister went through the same experience....but hers is a story for another day... but all in all lets acknowledge this great womans fighting spirit and know that whatever challenges we face are only for a season....There is a great phrase I picked up somwhere it goes something like...

If you Give up when it is winter
You will miss the joy of your summer
The promise of your spring
Fulfillment of your fall...

1 comment:

Casey Marenge said...

Hey, I was not in a coma what do you mean I went through the same experience! Anyway story for another day keep on posting!