Monday, October 30, 2006

Progressive Dinner




On Friday evening international students at Salem State College-I included set out from the Center for International Education office at the school. We were loaded into vans and cars to begin an epic night of food food and more food in that order.Dubbed the "Progressive dinner"the theme was to visit approximately 5-6 houses of the host families with which the school has "hooked up" international students with and in each house sampling a different meal..
I cant quite recall what we had at each house but trust me by the end of it all I had added like quite a number of pounds.From turkey to chicken to all forms of salads to samosas meat pies it was divine...
It then culminated at the last house where we had a bonfire....the whole marshmallow thing...yeah it was my first time... being the shady Kenyan I am!At the bonfire we sung songs from our countries it was so dope listening to other languages-Japanese, French, Turkish,German and of course you know I gosta wakilisha with "Ee Mungu nguvu Yetu....."Oh yah then we played broken telephone and trust me with all the accents going on ..only a few words got to make it through!!!
It was such a great time and experience halafu we were dropeed off back at kedo midnight.....an yah that wrapped up my Friday night the pics will come up soon if Kui can get off her lazy bum..... okay i got a pic here we are at the first house having starters... me there having an "intellectual"conversation with Yakimoto-or something close to that-I cant recal his name and me doing the marshmallow thing....

"...Courage doesn't always roar sometimes courage is the silent voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tommorow..."

No comments: