Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Heathrow......

Well dear reader thank you for taking the time to continue with my epic adventure globe trotting....so where was I oh yah so we landed at Heathrow Airport and I was going goo goo ga ga at the size of Heathrow..though it was a week after the bomb scare so security levels were high-critical actually..Oh oh oh there was this poor guy of Arab descent and my my he was being thrown sidelong glances by all the passengers at the waiting area with looks in their eyes like "Hope your not strapped with a bomb" or "Hope your not with Al Qaeda" which is just a shame coz after 9/11 most Arabs are now stereotyped as a whole network of bombists that is just too sad...So anyway the transit time was like for 4 hours I changed 1000kshs to send email and almost rolled over when the lady at the bereau-{have never been able to spell that} gave me like 3 coins I went like Whaaaat?????where is my money??and she is like yup thats all you get.....wait the story gets better so I pop in the coins to send my peeps back home emails and goodness in like 20 minutes the money was done am like your kidding me....1000Kshs would have kept me surfing for a year at home!!!!!!!!so that was mother nature screaming at me "Welcome to the world out here!"...so afterabout 4 hours of ngethiaing at the airport we boarded...another BA flight..yup thanks sis I got an aisle seat again so thanks to you I will never know how Britain or the States looks like from a plane.....so we took off it was a shorter flight this one thank God and landed at Bostons Logan International Airport at around 1:30......the check in lines were so long, the skies were grey it was so chilly I was jetlagged I remember asking myself mmmhhh are you sure about this??...after about 45minutes I manged to get my luggage through customs..which reminds me I need to file a suit of complaint for damages.. one of my tyres on my smaller suitcase was broken the only thing is I wonder where it could have happened,Kenya UK or US...which do you think???
so anyway i check out of customs and see the sign Salem State College with two gleaming faces an elderly jolly looking fellow with what I assumed was his grandadughter and the man asks me are you Peniiinnaa and am like yes I am Peninah..and there begun Chapter 2 of my Boston Experience.......aluta la continua..........

No comments: