Monday, October 02, 2006

The Boston Experience-Chapter 1

Hi blog or is it hi viewers of the blog..today the 2nd of October marks exactly one month since I landed at Bostons Logan International Airport on a chilly Saturday afternoon.....so here I am brodcasting live from a lab at the school I attend-Salem State College at about 7;55pm waiting for my ride home and I thought hey you know what lemme see what my blog has been upto...
So I think it is unfair to jump the gun and go one month forward so let me tell you how this month has been... I want to make this is brief as possible -being the woman of few words that I am -ahem ahem...
So a month ago on lovely Friday night I left my lovely "Green City in The Sun"- Nairobi in search of "The American dream"-(sic) So it was the usual moans and tears just before the airport with the usual advice "Take Care-this is America", 'Dont move with the wrong people" I dont have pics to put up of that but I can assure it was emotional-I felt like a soldier going to fight in the war-literally!!!
So after a the usual cabin crew announcments "Thank you for flying British Airways" bla bla bla-in essence what they are really saying is"Thank you suckers for spending so much money for a few hours in the air"we jetted off into the horizon and I was cursing my sister for telling me "Nah dont worry you will get a window seat" Thanks alot I got an aisle seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So after a few hours of being airbone, sleeping, waking up sleeping some more, watching endless endless replays of Sweet Home Alabama-trust me I know the words to date-Reese Witherspoon I can play your part!!! we landed at Heathrow Airport...and that begins chapter 1 of my "Boston Experience"....enjoy the read...........

2 comments:

Casey Marenge said...

What do you mean I told you you will get a window seat! Interesting read keep on writing Mom has also opened up a blog, marengelucy.blogspot.com although it is still on a trial bases

Saadiq said...

ehhh...the whole fam blogs...damn!!!hit us wit some more blogs,keep us posted about boston