Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving


Okay so last week was Thanksgiving we had a whole week off school to make merry and eat as much turkey and go state hopping looking for where the party at...I was in Beverly Farms with The Richardsons-my American host family I wanted to experience the real Thanksgiving... kwanza I thought thanksgiving is a dinner affair kumbe its a lunch thing but trust me the turkey took 5 hours to cook so we ended up eating at around 4 but it was such a good time.The whole family had come down from all over the States-Tomy from Florida with his amazing angels-Katy and Kevin,Pamela from Rhode Island with her husband Matt and daughter Amy... Peter from Framingham oh my generally we were so many- around 15-20 at the table there was loads and loads of hams a 30 pound turkey corn on the cob duck meat ice creams pies.... generally so much food and laughter and of course we had to go round in turns giving thanks for anything and everything and I was just glad to have made it to the States and be around such warm people....sniff sniff so am I getting emotional here...so we joked and played with the kids till late into the night..the next morning we continued with a huge breakfast-bacon,sausages..gosh am getting hungry..then we went out shopping we took up about 3vans we went to BJs for shopping then for lunch at some restaurant we had like 4 tables i think we got a quantity discount on the total cost..
So I left later on in the evening took a train to Boston with the guys from the family they were going to watch a Celtics game I was coming back to Lowell so generally that was my Thanksgiving day....

1 comment:

Casey Marenge said...

Seems like you had a great time, happy Thanksgiving!