Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day

Yesterday was election day though I havent been such a keen follower of whats happening in and around whose voting who which is which all I can say is, where I am right now-Massachussetes the best man won I am totally a democrat and the brilliant Patrick Deval was last night elected as Governor of Mass.I totally admire his approach as he is Putting the needs of immigrants as top prioroty which is a serious issue that needs to be adressed in the U.S.Factors such as citizenship, status etc below is an extract of a part of his speech and a short clip right herehttp://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid86311306/bclid140822102/bctid192880057...Read

Hope, vision and hard work

I can still remember when I first came to Massachusetts. I wasn’t a lawyer then. I wasn’t a business leader or a senior government official. I wasn’t a father or a husband and goodness knows I wasn’t a candidate for governor. I was a 14-year-old boy, starting a new life that was as different from anything I'd experienced in Chicago as I could possibly imagine. And I was scared.
But my grandmother had a saying that fortified me: “Hope for the best – and work for it.”
Hope for the best – and work for it.
That’s what I did. I hoped for the best – I learned how not to accept what is right in front of me, what someone else said were my limits. I learned how to imagine a better life and a better way. And I worked for it.
I learned to listen to common sense and wisdom, to be true to my core values, and to ignore those who called me naïve or told me to accept something less.Standing on the brink of an uncertain future, with all the challenges our state faces today, I hope for the best and am prepared to work for it.
And that is why I am running and why I'm asking you to help me become your next governor. I want you to see what’s possible in Massachusetts – and to help me work for it.

No comments: