Monday, September 03, 2012

Penny 101 - Ten random things you may(or may not know) about me

Its a random day at work - Labor day to be exact and am bored out of my mind.I have been on th einternet for a good two hours - doing a lot of going up and down the blogosphere - wow there are good writers out there..and here i am back to the place I call home - simply me...So i have decided to come up with a list of things about me my likes dislike kinda like am looking for a penpal lol remember that in that Saturday magazine growing up in Kenya what was the name of that magazine it was on Sunday - kitty help me out here - oh yes Young Nation I remember my sister had a penpal from Sweden and sijui where - funny they never wrote back to me lol - my letters boring much???

1.)I love Ferrero Rocher chocolate - yeah the hazelnut covered almond chocolate balls love love love my friend Fizz babes got me a whole 24 box for my 19th birthday I always remember her for that noble act.I always sneak one in the shoppping cart at Market Basket- hey they put them right there at the front as you wait for the line to move they are like literal gold nuggets calling out.."Pennny...Penny.."
2.)Outdoor, nature and water make me think of buying a cannon camera....dennz knows I am always  looking for places that are near water...
3.)Sagging jeans make me roll my eyes a million and one times..I saw some guy in lawrence the other day with jeans on his knees and I had to do a time check...are we in 2012....lol to think I dated a guy who used to sag his jeans from here to Mexico with huge Timbalands and thought he looked so cool(sheepish smile) - hey I was young..
4.)I am still a sucker for the Best man the movie like I can watch it again tonight like right now....I watched Think like a man yesterday well yesterday and today I just am not able to finish a whoel movie...and it was ok...eye candy definately but still does nto match up to best man...
5.)I was the shyest girl in primary like seriously I could go a whole day without talking to anybody...then Quabbz happened then America happened then Salem State happened then blogspot and voila I guess I slowly came out of the closet - not in that way butya feel me??
6.)I was the bell ringer in high school and yet I am such a horrible time keeper - like I just cant get to anywhere at the designated time - except work where there is a darn punching in machine...
7.)I always see the inherent good in everyone even though my sister says it will screw me over in life as not everyone has your best interests at heart...
8.)I love love to volunteer - though I have slowed down in the recent past....that gap year after high school when guys were in IT and German school I was at Barnados slicing carrots for lunch for the kids..I was so happy the day I got a "promotion" to the baby nursery from the kitchen and was holding and feeding the babies milk...lol...and volunteering in Georgia building houses was also a highlight in my college career - met some warm amazing people.There is something priceless about being a volunteer - and I have had a heated discussion with my good friend Prisci as she reckons volunteers need to be paid and therein lies the problem...for me I believe there is no price value you can attach on volunteering like its priceless what do you think??
9.)I think am such a free spirit.I love the travel channel and watching the bizzare foods show from different parts of the world...my favorite saying  "I believe the world is too round to sit at a corner." There are so many things to see so many cultures to experience foods to taste.
10.)My LONG -TERM memory is almost photogenic I can replay to you an event exactly the way it happened what happened next where we were what the person was wearing ..i know spooky right HOWEVER my SHORT term memory is PATHETIC.I have parked my car at an airport parkign lot and spent an HOUR an hour lookign for it..well it was a rental so maybe I can pas son that one..no but seriously I forgot things that just happened but ask me a year later about the parkign space and I will direct it to you...weird but true ...
11.)I have a thing with capital cities - maybe its tied in to my love for travel...I wish there was a game show called state the capital city - Turkey - Istanbul, Madagascar - Antananarivo,Algeria - Algiers,DR - Santo Domingo, Peru - Lima, Chad - Noukachot, Rwanda - Kigali,Belgium - Brussels,Niger - Niamey,Tunisia - Tunis.....I think the Geog teacher for primary was bad a**..

Okay thats my two minutes of fame for the day..;)
oh a line I loved from think like a man "Boys shack up men build homes ." Yeah its cliche but it was just so spot in in the movie....

No comments: