Monday, July 16, 2012

Race card or sheer luck??

So today I got my first pull over by a cop well actually second the first one we were late for a weddign with two lovely ladies we were all dressed up and took a left on a no left turn and bam got a written warning...I think she forgave us coz she saw enyewe these ladies are all dolled up wacha niwaachie wasianze kuharibu mascara nma machozee......so today I was coming home from work in the wee hours of the morning..a little yawn yawn here and there and punde si punde I hear a siren behind me.My immediate instinct was to pull over ..in my head am thinking ok sir you can pass and go on and catch some bad guy breakign the law...shock on me the bad guy was moi...he pulled on the side right behind me...heh si all the sleep I had vanished in a flash...talk of fight or flight response...I start thinking ok insurance check, registration check, inspection sticker check...coz we sure as heck know he was not pullign me over to ask for my phone number there had to be something but what??...so he gets out of his car.he is black.I heave a sigh of relief...tells me maam i pulled you over coz your sticker at the back has expired have you renewed it?Penny: yes I did May 31st.Officer:Okay give me your license and registration.I break into a panic darn it I registered online and did not print out the registration or get that darn sticker for the back...so he run the DL - his blue lights blaring as mornign commuters in Salem look in pity and sheer curiosity oh poor girl what happened??So he came back Officer :I see you do not have your registration either.Penny(sheepish) no I did it online and changed adresses maybe it went o my old adress??(smile smile)...Officer: Okay I will give you a warning but I want you to go to the nearest RMV and get it done it would have cost you thirty five for driving without it and thrity five for no sticker.He said this with a look of "I got you my black sister." So he let me go and I gave him "Thank you my black brother - Aluta Continua.." So I drove home...heaved a sigh of relief - not exactly the best way to start my week but lucky and glad it was not serious...Maybe the race card was in my favor or maybe I am  just being paranoid....

No comments: