Monday, October 13, 2008

Am Disgusted, saddenned, ashamed , stark raving mad!!!!!!

Today after a very long time I went to the Nation media website to see whats happening in good ol Kenya...Good ol indeed...the first article has driven me back to my blog - it seems I come here when I have so much emotion.....and yes I do....the title read "13 die as matatu and lorry collide" so I thought okay another grisly accident on Mombasa road or the ill fated Nakuru Naivasha "highway" as they call it!!!So I begin reading and the second paragraph made me do a double take...I quote no let me copy and paste for greater effect...Bodies of the passengers and their belongings were strewn all over the road when the Nation team arrived at the scene shortly after 5pm. The accident occurred at about 3pm near Berea Bible College, about 35km from Nakuru Town..Okay people maybe its just me or are you seeing something wrong...very wrong with that statement???!!!!The damn thing happened at 3 and two hours later the bodies are still lying all over the place...am jumping up and down in fury right now.Check out the story here..It makes me so upset the negligence of the system in Kenya or is it Africa as a whole My God the response is so delayed who knows in two hours how many lives would have been saved!!!!!!!!Aaaagh!!!And the worst thing is this is has been happening since I was young I knew "the black spot on the Nairobi Naivasha highway" and October 2008 am 22 years old and we are still singing the same song...On another silmilar but related note there was also an articlein the same paper titled
"Frustration of unanswered emergency calls."..The article begins...

It’s 8pm, and Naomi Mulia calls her office for help; she has just come across a boy’s body lying on a city street.
“What do I do?” Ms Mulia asks her colleague who is on night shift.
“Call the police — that’s a police case,” comes the reply.
She dials 999 but for 10 minutes, no one is picking it up. She gets upset, and looks left, then right to find out if anyone is watching. No one. She quietly leaves the scene.
“First, I dialled 999 and got the ‘number-doesn’t-exist’ tone. I was surprised and thought I pressed the wrong code,” she said later. “Then I recalled instructions on display in public booths: ‘In case of emergency, dial 0’. So I tried 0, but the line went silent.”


For petes sake am I over reacting for nothing or am I more upset coz my favourite aunt was a victim as well a month ago to a road accident....or maybe because my sister is a quadriplegic as well because of a road accident...or maybe my good friend Joans younger brother was knocked by a matatu when he was only 8 years old...or is it because Njeri lost her dad and sis at a go through a road accident...or maybe am plain mad at the negligence of the those in charge of maintaining law and order...Or maybe am not justified in comparing it to here in the States where you can call 911 if your head is paining and they will be there in 5 minutes tops.....Is it that life is more valuable here than it is developing countries???
No I refuse...I refuse to read these articles and go oh how sad...and do nothign about it...I refuse to watch innocent peoples lives taken away just beacus eof negligenc eon the part of the police....no no no no!!!!!!!!!
Here are some great quotes I picked from the OWYP online chat held on Sunday....aagh am still mad!!!

The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment." -Earl Nightingale.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today...Teach a man to fish ; and you have fed him for a lifetime...

Through the window.....

2 comments:

Dennis Ritho said...

I feel u gal, so sad. someone's got to ring the bell.

queenpen said...

hey dennis i did not know you comment on my blog...nice