Monday, August 18, 2008

The Dream Chasers...

Today I was driving to work and a feeling of nostaligia crept over me...I suddenly found myself at Monier 2000 - the indoor and outdoor advertsising company that I used to work for in Westi..and boy oh boy dint I have a grand time..I met such amazing people I learnt so much on the job in the 6months that I was there I learnt all the stages a billboard goes through before we see that Samsung phone on Waiyaki way ...all those Adopt - a - a light backlits..
But the thing that made me proud the most was the manner in which the people I worked with moved on after that to bigger and greater things in life...Sally went to work for Barclays bank , Jane started her own printing firm , Trizah relocated to the UK with her adorable daughter- speaking of which I think she is the one who made me nostalgic the most..I remembered one thing she told me as I was coming to the States - "Kababy - they used to call me the Monier baby - as you go to the States one thing I want you to do is "jinyime" you may want to drive that good car and wear that nice shoe but if you do not jinyima until you can afford to comfortably buy it your family will suffer and you are the one to help the family...go study and study and work and work some more until you can say okay I think I can buy that car '
So as I was saying yes so Rajiv my cute Indian boss started his one travel and tourism company - Savage paradise and did Imention how is daughter is the cutest thing - Anya.Then my partner in crime Farzana went on to become the HR manager at Glory driving school . Olive works at Stan Chart, Chacha went into travel and tourism and Mike North - he had big dream for Monier - too bad they did not really take off..he went to do photography.And me..well I knew from a long time that I wanted to come to the States and am studying something that will put me where I have always wanted - to be helping others....and it funny that everyone followed their dream - what they are passionate about...Mike was a managing director at Monier but reso0lved to photography ..Rajiv was head of sales and marketing but he just wasnt ticking...so its all about finding your niche...what are you so passionate about...that thing that makes you get up every morning and get going keep fighting..Its not enought to just settle for where you are..make sure you are where you have always wanted to be and the only person who can stop you is yourself....
so Monier 2000- kina Linah and Willie - they are passionate about graphic design and are still at Monier - providing quality artwork that has stood Monier the test of time with all the competition from upcoming advertsing agencies - the Ovidians and Magnate...Miss that place so much as it challenged me to be a better person.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. - Pope John Paul xxxiii

No comments: