Sunday, March 09, 2008

Monkey Business

I got back from Springfield today which is like a good two hours drive from mass.I had taken Mary to sit her MTEL exam - her career is in the field of Education so this is the Massachussetes License exam.Some silly exam that Mary told me people have taken even 5 times coz its so damn hard....which got me thinking.... in my Psych class the teacher asked us to each say if we thought we were intelligent...and I told her Everyone is intelligent by their own standards.Just because I did better than you on the SAT does not make me more intelligent than you that is just someone else's idea /standard of intelligence....So now for the MTEL just because I cannot get that 70% that YOU want....who justifies that I am a poor teacher? or the NCLEX exam..I know such brilliant nurses who cannot practice coz they have flanked the exam that totally sucks....yes am getting carried away as usual......so we left on Friday we stayed at her friends place...such an adorable lady - Anne Wachira you are an angel she can cook up a storm ....my goodness Mary and I had started a diet a week ago and we kept consoling ourselves saying...okay we will pick up after the trip coz trust me Anne cannot stand to see you not eating - plantain , pork ,chapatis , fruits,chicken gosh she is awesome in the kitchen...Mary and I were telling her ,"Kuna wenye wa kupika na wenye wa kula," coz we are definately in the latter category...
So anyway after a very long drive back and forth I had to go for a commitee mtg of a wedding that I had promised to make engoho then do an errand for somebody else run late to work in the process... you can tell where am going with this...... its all monkey business!!!!!Am sure you are going like okay hold up back up.....Mary told me of a story once of a white man who tried to carry so many monkeys on his back..or something to that extent but when he treid to hold this one the othe rone on the shoulder fell off and so on and so forth...so yes Monkey business is when you get so caught up trying to be there for people ..i dont think am a people pleaser - or yet I try not to be - but somehow in trying to do favours for people I forget the common adage , "Nice people finish last." So I need to toughen up and learn to say no when it is called for coz at the end of the day I am the looser...So learn from me folks..assess the situation first and ask yourself am I making myself useful or am I being used...
So anyway the week was great..save for Hillary winning Ohio and Texas....hang in there Obama Wama!!!!But the thing thats saddens me about Obamas nomination is the state of this country....Our dear ol Texan has left the country to the dogs...its a shamble that the next person coming in has a plateful of work.From Healthcare to immigration to the economy to mortgage to college education that seems so unnatainable.... to the Chinese and the Japs gaining on the dollar.Obama will have so much to do and the worst is people will be waiting for him to fail in the stereotyped black society that we live and yet the truth of the matter is the country is a rotten apple already....
OKay enuff sad talk then I got a glimpse of Apprentice Africa the first episode was ok though as Anne Andere has said the CEO should try change his tact on firing he looked so rehearsed and very shady..but all in all Go Joyo - thats Joyce Mbaya Kenyan contestestant -we are on first name basis here coz she is a friend of a friend - am trying to get the hook up!!!The other Kenyan guy - Eddie -Mr.Smiley and the other one from Strath...good for you people...young enterprenures....
So yes am on spring break may be going to Baltimore so watch this space I will come back ranting and raving as usual....Borrowed No Reservations which am going to watch now - Catherine Zeta- yeah am still a sucker for love but I know Deno is going to call so thats a one hour break in the movie........as Didge would say....through the window baby..........


Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT’S relativity.
-Albert Einstein

No comments: