Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I have no title for this one

Wow so sometimes when I am at work I am awed by the amazing experiences I have with people from all walks of life...I am humbled how they are so respectful to me as the "charge nurse" that I sometimes feel like telling them guys relax keep calm its not that serious...No but seriously like yani what strikes me the most is that outside of work - after we have stripped out all the titles after our names, put down the stethoscope and the badges there is no nurse or nurse assistant there are just fathers, mothers - some single mothers who are just trying to get by...The other day one nursing assistant - and I am talking like white hair he is a daddy kind of old...he came with his camera to show me pictures of his three kids and his wife,,,He is like I am going to nursing school and working on getting a downpayement for a house so we can move in next year. Another one came with her camera to show me her daughter and how she is working hard for her to go to the best school. Today during training I sat near a lady Ms. X she also whipped out her phone and begun to show me pics from her vacation to Marthas Vineyard with her two sons - dad walked out on them after they arrived in the country from Peru. This lady is constantly working I tell you so she told me she saved up this past summer to take her boys for a vacay this past summer - I almost had tears in my eyes...So where was I going with this ..oooh so my point is what a humblign experience it is...anyway there is really no moral of this story I just had to put it down on paper...

Interesting quote that was said during the orientation,

     I Like this quote I dislike this quote
We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink 
 - Epicurus -

No comments: