Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My own Kevin Costner ;)

So my amazing hubby and I finally took our long awaited honeymoon we are in Isla de el canto - The island of Enchantment aka Puerto Rico!!!We are in the main city San Juan at the Inter continental ...Today is day three of six and boy have we had a blast!!!Today we were taking a walk at sunset on the beach and i told him there is no one I would rather be experiencing this with than him...I tell you honeymoons are so important it has been a time of such intimacy, laughter, we have prayed together, hiked in a rainforest, walked down pebblestoned roads that line the city of old san juan and the most memorable played table football and I won declaring myself the football queen - rematch before we leave!!!But no on the real we have been so blessed beyond measure to have a time like this to just be in a room listening to the Coqui - small indegenous frog of Puerto rico that chirps at night...beautiful romantic moments we have shared but the one i will never forget was the first night we went out to Old San Juan - it was on Saturday night the streets were packed with night owls party animals we were just strolling the cobblestoen pavements looking for a place to have dinner that we had foind online El Patio was the name of the place...So we asked a police officer for dircetions and  he directed us down some path so innocent us took that path that seemed waay deserted than the rest it was a bit dark but we were like heh the cop knows whats up so as we were walking Dennis pulled me to cross the road and all the while he was silent - and if you know Dennis he is quiet mainly when he is hungry angry or thinking about something very major so we cross the road then he says lets cross here so as we do he says in a stern voice shoot that guy is following us as he turns to look behind...At this point my heart was racing i turn to look and see a guy in black from top to toe stop in his tracks and pretend to pick something off the ground and walk back up ...We start walking fast towards where the crowds were as Dennis says hand me your purse i put it in my back pocket...At this point I was like oh em gee lets get back to the hotel and Dennis is like what makes you special all these are tourists as well so we had our dinner as we recapped our near robbery or whatever heck the guy was trying and I went like damn D you really are my Kevin Costner damn making me fell all Whitney Houston saving our lives coz trust me I had no idea the guy was behind us and all Dennis said - they dont call me Ritho for nothing - Ritho means eye in Kikuyu apparently he had seen the guy earlier on behind us and had lengad but became suspicious when he crossed after we did twice. Yani I felt so safe with Dennz that night yani the last three days have been a reminder of the reasons we chose to say I do on June 14th 2014...this is the person you see laughing with crying with and coming back to puerto Rico with little minions as well...I love me my Kevin Costner so I called him Kev the rest of the night which made his head grow big cough cough...
Here are some pics from the Kevin Costner night lol



I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright, I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive. I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. 

No comments: